Monday, January 18, 2010

More snow


We got about 6 inches of snow last night. I spent a few hours today plowing the driveway and then snow blowing around the fence line. I have to do the fence or eventually the snow will get so tall the dogs can walk over the fence.  What never occurred to me when I moved here is that once it snows, it stays on the ground until April or May. It's not Maryland where it snows and the next day it melts. After the work, I took three of the dogs mushing. On the way back my neighbor was out running his dogs with his truck. Yep, he free runs them while he drives his truck behind. I'm not a fan of this, but they aren't my dogs. Anyway, they come around the corner and my team kicks it in overdrive. OH YES---little dogs that we can catch!!! I slam on the brakes and hold the team until the truck turns around and the little dogs follow back. When I let the team go, they book down the trail still thinking they can catch those little dogs. What a ride!!



After we got back and everyone was fed, I went out to put some bread and crackers out back for the ravens and magpies. I noticed one of my birdhouses on a dog box covered in snow. If you look at it quickly, it almost looks like a laughing cyclops.











 I also noticed some moose tracks while I was cleaning the driveway. Thought you might like to see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment