Monday, December 22, 2008

Just before Christmas in Alaska

The temperature is +6 degrees and it's snowing. We already have a foot or so on the ground. The wood stove is cooking, trying to save money on oil. It's been a hectic year. Starting with following the Yukon Quest, rolling into Iditarod and flying for my first visit to Nome for the All Alaska Sweepstakes, it's been a busy time. Worked for the State Parks again for a couple months. Then my sister, Marsha, arrived for two months. It must have rained most of the time she was here. Did I tell you we had two days of summer?? July 4th and 5th. LOL
I finished a new movie: See you In Nome! It's about rookie musher, Sven Haltmann and his team of Alaskan huskies. I think it turned out very nicely. Of course, Kyf Brewer's music is a big help!
I am currently editing the All Alaska Sweepstakes and hope to finish it by the end of January. Seems there is always something else to do. I'm supposed to be retired, but I have no free time. Go figure. Anyway, hope life is treating everyone well. Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas and a healthy, happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment